We have 200 rooms, Family restaurant, Lounge, Sports Bar, Laugh Shop Comedy Club and 10 banquet rooms.
Does your organization have other locations besides Calgary?
How many employees does your organization employ?
What type of positions do you offer?
Full time, part time and summer seasonal.
What are some entry level career opportunities that your organization offers?
- Front Desk Agent: 1 years' experience required and Tourism and Hospitality diploma.
- Host/Hostess: to Create a positive first impression in our main restaurant .
- Bus person: Collect clean linens and return dirty laundry and clean/polish glasses, plates and cutlery as necessary
- Maintenance Summer Worker: Some maintenance experience is required, particularly with heating/cooling and/or plumbing and electrical is an asset but not essential.
- Box Office Attendant: Sell tickets for the Comedy Club and interact with our customers.
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expect a phone call to come to the hotel for an interview.
- Interview with the Human Resources Manager and the hiring manager.
Send your resume to email@example.com.
What do you look for in employees?
- 100% Reliable
- Friendly, outgoing demeanor with ability to quickly establish rapport with guests from a wide range of backgrounds
- Professional presentation
- Team focus
Hotel experience will be an asset. Tourism/Hospitality Diploma.
How old does someone have to be to work for your company?
At least 16 years old.
How much will employees get paid?
Hostess $10.00 plus gratuities. Bus Person $9.40 plus gratuities.
How would someone find out about opportunities at your company?
On our website www.hotelblackfoot.com or facebook.com/hotelblackfoot
Please list any diversity initiatives that your organization is currently involved in.
Currently participating in the Equity Program by the Federal Government and Champions, redefining disAbility in the Workplace.
Please list any corporate responsibility initiatives that your organization is currently involved in.
The Hotel has a Green Team; members oversee an intricate plan to minimize the Hotel's environmental footprint. The Blackfoot pro-actively applies sound environmental practices to internal operations and purchasing decisions.