As a new grad you’ll have lots of support, encouragement, room to grow and responsibility within Weatherford.
You’ll have access to some of the industry’s best training facilities, instructors and on-the job mentorship. You’ll have the advantages of working with some of the industry’s leading authorities and using the very best technologies. With these tools you are in charge of your future. You’ll work in a dynamic, high energy environment where many groundbreaking award-winning advancements in oilfield technology are being made.
Does your organization have other locations besides Calgary?
Yes, locations throughout Alberta, BC, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland.
How many employees does your organization employ?
More than 50,000 people worldwide.
What type of positions do you offer?
Full time positions primarily.
What are some entry level career opportunities that your organization offers?
Entry level Field Positions:
Well Testing Operators: In this position you will maintain and operate equipment; carry out rig-in/rig-out procedures in field locations and perform general duties as assigned in a safe manner to ensure job specifications are met. You will also gather and record all Well Testing data readings and collect effluent samples (PVT or Dead) as per client request under the supervision of the Senior Operator and/or Well Test Supervisor in a safe and professional manner. This position involves extensive travel and work in various weather conditions.
Field Operators Secure Drilling Services/UBD: In this position candidates primarily work in field locations with the rig in and operation of portable gas generation and Pressure Separator packages for use in UBD, MPD, applications. Systems that are to be operated and maintained include Nitrogen Membrane Systems and Exhaust Gas Processing Systems, drilling manifolds and Pressure Separators. Site locations will primarily be in AB, SK and BC.
What is your hiring process?
Weatherford’s hiring process includes:
- Management and human resource interviews typically out of our Nisku offices for field based positions
- Submission of a valid class 5 drivers’ license abstract with less than 6 demerits for all roles requiring driving
- 2 professional references
- Pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing
How can one apply?
What do you look for in employees?
Career minded individuals with professional ambition who enjoy working in the field and extensive travel. Individuals with strong written and verbal communications skill who understand and follow safety rules and procedures.
What type of education/training/equipment do you require?
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Professional interaction with crewmembers and company representatives at all times
- Able to identify dangerous conditions and act accordingly
- Ability to travel and work in various weather conditions
- Physically able to perform repetitive tasks and heavy lifting
- Valid and clean Class 5 drivers license
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Previous Oilfield experience
- Knowledge of industrial engine and compressor operation
- Valid H2S and First Aid Tickets
How old does someone have to be to work for your company?
18 years old.
How much will employees get paid?
Pay is based on experience and amount of time in the field. Weatherford is a progressive company and committed to the quality employee programs. Our program includes competitive wage packages, health and dental programs, RRSP matching, and challenging career advancement/training opportunities.
How would someone find out about opportunities at your company?