Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 13,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3.4 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
Does your organization have other locations besides Calgary?
Yes we have a national presence with offices coast to coast from Vancouver to Halifax and everything in between.
What type of positions do you offer?
We have both part time and full time roles. With our first mall retail location opening in Calgary at the end of April we have new opportunities for qualified sales and service retail associates.
What are some entry level career opportunities that your organization offers?
- Retail Sales Associates
- Retail Service Associates
- Customer Care Representatives
What is your hiring process?
- Candidates apply on our website At shaw.ca/careers
- Talent Supply or hiring manager screens the resume/application
- If we feel they are the right fit the candidate will be contacted for a pre-screen (phone interview) If they are not what we are looking for at this time the candidate will be informed via email (please check junk mail box).
- After the pre-screen is completed they may be contacted for a face to face interview which will be held at one of our offices in Calgary (Downtown SW or Barlow NE).
- A decision to proceed to hire or not is made within a few days of the last interviews.
How can one apply?
Please visit our website at shaw.ca/careers
What do you look for in employees?
- Positive can-do attitude
- Strong customer service skills, a desire to serve
- Technical ability, passion for technology
- Motivated and inspired to make a difference
- Trustworthy, ethical, loyal
What type of education/training/equipment do you require?
Previous face to face customer service, retail, and telecomm experience is an asset for our store positions.
How old does someone have to be to work for your company?
Minimum age of 18 and legal to work in Canada.
How much will employees get paid?
Between $11 and $17/hour based on position and experience.
How would someone find out about opportunities at your company?
Please visit our website at shaw.ca/careers.
Please list any diversity initiatives that your organization is currently involved in.
- Partners with YEC, Champions, CCIS, MOSIAC and Viable Calgary to increase candidate pool
- Shaw Media provides an annual internship for PWD
- CREIC mentorship program
- YWCA work placements
Please list any corporate responsibility initiatives that your organization is currently involved in.