The City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre asked Olympia Financial Group Inc. to answer a few questions about working at their company.
Please provide a short description of what your company does including the following:
The Currency & Global Payments Division operates out of both the Calgary, AB and Vancouver, BC offices and provides corporations and private clients a personalized service of buying and selling foreign currencies.
The Corporate & Shareholder Services Division provides solution-based services for transfer agent and corporate trustee needs.
Olympia Benefits Inc. provides small business owners with affordable and easy to use benefit plans and is a market leader in the Health Spending Account business.
The Exempt Edge Division is dedicated to building technological solutions for the exempt market and financial services industry that save time, create efficiencies and move our industry forward.
One office in Calgary, one in Vancouver, then home offices in several provinces
240 in Calgary
d) What type of positions do you offer? (ex. Full time, part time, seasonal, contract etc.)
Full time, or summer student positions from May to August
Are structure is highly based on being able to provide growth and new responsibilities.
CSR> Administrator> Coordinator> Officer> Specialist>Team Lead
List any corporate responsibility initiatives that your organization is currently involved in.
We have our own charity foundation, and last year our employees donated almost $300,000
What are some entry level career opportunities that your organization offers? Please attach job descriptions. Youth want to know as much detail as possible before deciding to apply.
Company Website https://www.olympiatrust.com/careers
Send an email to Colburnfirstname.lastname@example.org
b) Describe your hiring and interview process?
1. Application received, and goes into ATS
2. Our internal recruiter short lists 5-7 candidates.
3. PreScreen over phone call for about 20 minutes with a recruiter on our HR team. The prescreen is more of a time to see if the person is a team fit, and being about to see why the employee is interested in Olympia, and to answer any questions about the position, and salary requirements.
4. Prescreens presented to hiring manager. Manager then short lists for 3-4 interviews.
5. Interview is conducted in person or via Zoom video depending on the managers preference. Interview is typically conducted with a Team Lead in addition to the manager.
6. There may be a second and final interview with an executive, if the position is a leadership role, or more technical.
7. If proceeding to offer, reference and background checks are conducted.
8. If they come back clear, we send an offer letter electronically.
9. If the candidate accepts we move to our onboarding process.
c) What do you look for in an employee?
Keen, interested, looking to grow and learn! We hire for team fit for most of our positions because they are junior administration and customer service.
We only require a bachelors degree for positions in accounting, risk and compliance, and human resources.
f) Provide a wage range for entry level positions.
$44,100 for salary positions
$18.00 and hour for hourly positions
Hours of business are 8am to 4:30pm with an hour lunch.
We typically bring on our students full time or part time, with a minimum hours of 30 per week. We work a 37.5 hour week full time.
Depending on the business needs, we can accommodate different schedules for a part time summer student.
Business casual attire is required.
Info and Job Postings