125 years of epic sights and awesome people!
How many locations do you have in Calgary and nationally/internationally? What locations are hiring locally in Calgary and area?
We are hiring in Banff, Columbia Icefield, Jasper and Waterton.
How many people does your organization employ? How many locally?
In the summer we employ around 1100 staff.
What type of positions do you offer? (ex. Full time, part time, seasonal, contract etc.)
Many of our positions are full time, seasonal:
• Line Cooks
• Food & Beverage Attendants
• Retail Associates
• Lift Attendants
• Ticket Agents
• Explore Rockies Experts
• Reservations Agents
• Room Attendants
• Front Desk Agents
• Boathouse Attendants
• Fishing Guides
• Guest Service Agents
• Photo Experts
• Dockhand/Rental Agents
• Interpretive Guides
• Boat Captain/Tour Guides
What are the benefits of working for your company?
• Discounted room rates at Banff Jasper Collection lodging properties
• Banff Jasper Collection retail product discount
• Lake Minnewanka boat rentals discount
• Lake Minnewanka Fishing Charters – net rates
• Banff Jasper photography product discount
• Banff Jasper Food and Beverage discount
• Health & Dental coverage
• Employer matched RRSP Program
• Regular social committee events
• Access to Pursuit cruiser bikes
• Training & Development opportunities
• Season ski passes – discounted passes
• Rocky Mountain Yoga – subsidized passes
• Lux Cinema Banff - subsidized tickets
• Banff Canoe Club – access to free rental pass
• Employee Explore Program - complimentary attractions passes and Brewster Airport Express passes for staff and family members. 50% discount on passes for friends
Describe opportunities for advancement.
We are committed to recruiting talent internally because we love to see all employees learn, grow and develop within our company! Available supervisory and above positions are posted internally for 5 days before posting externally.
List any corporate responsibility initiatives that your organization is currently involved in.
• Annual garage sale with proceeds going to the Banff Community foundation
• Soap for Hope – we take part in the hotel program, where our used hotel hygiene products are sorted, washed, and reprocessed to make hygiene kits. Kits are distributed to local shelters in Calgary/Airdrie area as well as provide international aid when required.
• Flying Pigs recycling initiative
• Our hotels participate in the Ecostay program - http://ecostay.ca/
• Solar Panels and LED lights in hotels
• Low flow showers, toilets and sinks at attractions and hotels
• Use of smaller buses for airport shuttles
• E-tickets for attractions instead of printed tickets
• Educate guests and visitors about the National Parks we operate in
• Banff Lake Cruise adjusted operations of vessels to provide guests more time in locations of interest on the lake, travelling closer to shore and at lower speeds. The adjustment saved a total of 61,532 litres of fuel in 2017
• New Canadian Program – Partnership with the Calgary Catholic Immigration Society, PepsiCo and Gordon Food Service. Initiated to provide approximately 2000 new Calgary based refugees with a day trip to Banff
• Reducing single serve packaging by using ceramic serving dishes and compostable containers
What are some entry level career opportunities that your organization offers? Please attach job descriptions. Youth want to know as much detail as possible before deciding to apply.
We have many entry level opportunities available; Retail Associate, Food and Beverage Attendant, Dockhand and Dishwasher to name a few. Job descriptions can be viewed at https://www.pursuitcollection.com/careers/.
How would someone find out about opportunities at your company? How can a candidate apply?
Candidates can view and apply to all available positions on our careers webpage https://www.pursuitcollection.com/careers/.
Describe your hiring and interview process?
Applicants apply online. Our hiring manager will review applications to the role and connect with candidates for interviews. Most interviews are completed via skype. Successful candidates will receive an offer letter to join our team.
What do you look for in an employee?
We’re looking for employees that share a passion for excellence and strive to show the best of Canada.
What type of education/training/equipment do you require?
We provide paid training to our staff. Length of training differs between roles.
What is the minimum age required to work for your company?
To live in staff accommodation, staff must be at least 18 years of age.
Provide a wage range for entry level positions.
Many of our positions are $14.50-16 per hour.
What are the hours of the business and general shift times? Are there a minimum number of hours someone needs to work per week? Is there flexibility regarding school schedules?
Work schedules and days off are based on business demand and staffing level needs. For many of our locations, staff can expect to work 30-44 hours per week with a 5 day on/2 days off schedule.
Is a uniform provided or do employees have to pay for it?
Uniforms are provided.